Truth is, there is no plan.
And up until having to write this post, I hadn’t set any goals for the month.
I had tiny mental notes of things that I wanted to do to improve as a person but they hadn’t been filed under ‘Goals’. In fact, I do not believe I have anything in that mental file.
However, my personal improvement cabinet is over flowing.
Today’s writing prompt: 5 goals I would like to achieve by end of this month.
It will be simply written.
If I had to make 5 goals right now, this is what they will be:
- Learn better ways of financial control by engaging with people on the strategies they have adopted. I have some really big plans, which I will share when I am comfortable, that needs saving for. If you have any strategies that you use, please share as a comment.
- Learn to mind my own business. As an empath, this is extremely hard but must be down. Quite frankly I am not really sure that I should be minding my business. I think it is selfish to go around just thinking of yourself. However, I am tired of hearing, ‘I know you want to help, but think about yourself. Let’s see how this goes.
- Be more intentional about my wellness. This means establishing care routines. Taking care of my body by making lifestyle changes; eating healthy, exercising, proper skin and hair care. Healing my mind with therapy, affirmations and breaks as needed.
- Read a book. Fiction or non fiction. I used to as a child get buried in books all day everyday. As an adult, I am buried in my devices. It would be nice to fall in love with reading again. Suggest to me what your favourite books are.
- And finally, stay awesome because I am rad and cool and there is no better person to play me than me. Yanno?
Could you tell I run out of goals to write? Does that make me close to Self Actualisation as proposed by Maslow’s theory? Do you set monthly goals?